When fishing in the Carolinas, the type of boat you have is quite important. If you end up with a boat that does not have the features you need, you will spend quite a bit of money on upgrading and retrofitting the boat. Finding something right off the bat that meets all of your needs is quite important.
Lund Boats has been around for about sixty years, and they pride themselves in making the best fishing boats. There are lots of great things about Lund boats and the brand in general. In our guide, we will try and help you understand more about the Lund boats and how they can help in the general North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia area.
What Types Of Boats Does Lund Make?
Lund makes quite a few boats; here are a few of the critical factors you should know to get a better idea of what options you have with the Lund boats.
Lund boats come in sizes from eleven feet up to thirty feet.
Lund is known for its fishing boats. There is no question this is a fishing boat manufacturer. Out of all of the boats that they make, 90 percent are for fishing, utility, and hunting. Lund does make five pontoon boat models that are also quite popular.
Lund divides their boats into three main categories, big water, medium water, and small water. These boats are going to be best used inshore. The lakes of North and South Carolina, as well as Georgia, are the perfect places to put a Lund boat.
The Lund boats will run anywhere from $15,000 up to $99,999 for a base model. Of course, this depends on if you are looking at something brand new or with a few trips on it. As we all know, boat pricing can be all over the place. If you want to put some top of the line features on these boats, you are going to be looking at well over $100,000. On the Lund website, you can build out precisely what you are looking for and customize the pricing for what you want.
Almost all of the Lund boats are made from Aluminum material, except for a handful of fiberglass models.
The Lund boats come in three different floorplan models. The first is the walkthrough windshield, another is the single or double console and last the tiller. All three floorplans have their positives and negatives depending on what you are looking for in a fishing boat.
What Are Some Features That Are Offered On The Lund Boats?
Fisherman enjoy features. This is just a known fact in the fishing and boating world. Anytime that the setup of a boat is perfectly conducive to fishing, we will be willing to spend more money. The Lund boats, even in the base model, offer some excellent maneuverability, durability, and general function.
If you want to add some extra available features, these are just a few of what is possible. . .
- Bow bait station
- Cushion set for the bow
- Bow multi-base option
- Ski Pylon
- Under console drawer
- Wash down system
Are Lund Boats any good?
Now that you have a general idea of all that Lund has to offer, you may be wondering if this is a boat you should be considering. There are some great things about Lund boats, and although they are most well known in the Midwest, there could be situations in the Carolinas that they would be beneficial. Here are a few pros and cons of the Lund Boats. . .
- The Lund Boats have great layouts; you will never have to wonder what the manufacturer thought when they put this boat together. They make sense, they work for fishing, and essentially, Lund should bay their designers more money.
- Lund Boats offer many options when it comes to the size and type of boat that you are looking for. Where some manufacturers have you choose between two or three models, you have lots of options with Lund.
- The Lund company is excellent. Their customer service is terrific and that is well known across the industry. With the strong name that Lund has for itself, you will notice that the boats tend to hold up their value over time.
- The most significant disadvantage of the Lund boat is that it is riveted. When you have the choice between a riveted boat or a welded boat, the welded is usually the better choice. There is certainly a possibility of a leak at some point in your Lund boat. You can do some searching and read a few horror stories. We are pretty confident that the majority of the boats are just fine; this is just something to consider when investing large sums of money.
- The Lund Boats are very well known in the Midwest. It is quite popular to choose a Lund boat in the Midwest, and because of that, you will notice that the Lund boat is not as popular in the Carolina area.
- The last major disadvantage of the Lund boat is the fact that they are priced a bit high, considering what they offer. The Aluminum is sometimes a bit thinner than competitors, and then as we mentioned, the boats are riveted.
Where is Lund Boats manufactured?
Where Can I Buy A Lund Boat In The Carolina/Georgia Area?
There are a few dealers that are relatively close to our general area. If you are unsure of which Lund boat is going to be the best fit for you, it certainly makes sense to take a ride to a dealer and take a look at the boats in person. The dealers are trained in the custom fitting and applications that you can add to the Lund boats, so you should get some excellent service and be able to find the perfect fishing boat.
Perth Marine, Inc.
Types Sold: Aluminum, Pontoons
818 Perth Rd
Troutman, NC 28166
Star Powersports, LLC
Types Sold: Aluminum
3103 Alcoa HIghway
Knoxville, TN 37920
Types Sold: Aluminum
159 Old Bridge Street
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Liquid Planet Marine – Clermont
Types Sold: Aluminum, Pontoons
13649 Granvillle Avenue
Clermont, FL 34711
Boat Spotlight: 1775 Renegade by Lund
There are too many Lund boats to review them all, but we will offer some comparisons shortly. For now, we will do a spotlight on a medium-priced boat so that you can get an idea of what is out there when it comes to Lund. This is the 1775 Renegade, and the base price is $19,995.
Here is some basic information . . .
- 17’9” in length
- 90 max hp
- 95” beam width
- Four-person capacity
- Boat weight: 1221 lbs
- Rod Storage: 8’
- Fuel Capacity: 22 gallons
- Available in 5 colors (white, black, metallic, blue and red)
- Vinyl main floor, carpeted deck
- Windshield, starboard console
- Flush mount horn
- Livewell system
- Two-seat bases and two seats
- Storage compartments
Of course, there are more features than this, but this will give you a general idea of what you can get with the Lund Renegade 1775. If you like the features shown here, also take a look at their Impact model and the Pro-V Bass. One of the nice features of the Lund website is the ability to compare a few models at the same time.
Hopefully, our guide to the Lund Boats has helped you determine whether or not this is a boat that could work for your needs. Overall, Lund is a good company if you are looking for an inshore fishing boat. They are serious about making sure their boats appeal to the serious fisher.