When it comes down to harsh winter temperatures, don’t let your boat sit unprotected during the ice-cold winter months. Crafts are easily damaged by the freezing temperatures we face in the winter months of the year. Although they are not frequent, temps do drop in the frozen range. All it takes is one or two freezes to cause thousands of dollars of repair to your vessel. Likely, you won’t know damage occurred until you’re ready to take back on the water, delaying enjoying time spent offshore. What is the best boat winterization center near Lake Hyco and Lake Mayo in North Carolina?
Lake Hyco is situated at the North Carolina and Virginia border. Due to its northern location, it is very susceptible to winter freezes. The lake is over nearly six square miles in size and is known for excellent fishing and watersport activities.
Just thirty-five miles to the east is Lake Mayo. Lake Mayo is slightly over four square miles. This lake is also great for water sports and fishing.
Both lakes are approximately one and a half hours north of Raleigh, North Carolina. Because of its proximity to a large city, it is a great escape for those working in major cities. Both offer picturesque shorelines and ample space on the water to participate in your favorite activities. Why not leave the city and head to a lake adventure.
Each of these lakes was human-made to produce electricity for the surrounding cities and towns. As a result, they create energy and provide a body of water for tourists and locals to enjoy.
Because these two water bodies are situated so far north, boats are unlikely to be used in the coldest season of the year. As a result, boat winterization should be done to prevent unnecessary damage.
Who To Use for Boat Winterization
Many business professionals reside in Raleigh and travel to these lakes for summer and holiday weekends. One of the best companies is located close to the two lakes, and Raleigh, NC is Inland Boat Company.
The two addresses are:
9470 Semora Road
Semora, NC 27343
8801 Creedmoor Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
You will find one conveniently located with two stores to prepare the boat for winter storage, whether you keep it in Raleigh or up near the lakes.
What does Inland Boat Company do to prepare a boat for a harsh winter?
While it’s highly dependent on the package you chose and the type of moter, all come with the necessities to avoid costly repairs come the next summer.
- Change the engine oil and filter.
- Check both steering and transmission fluid levels.
- Replace the impeller if need be.
- Remove the battery connections.
- Be sure that all operating systems are fully functional to include the battery charging components, engine oil pressure, and water temp.
- Add stabilizer to the fuel in the tank to help avoid the gas from breaking down and fuel flow blockage the next season.
- Drain all water from the bilge to avoid freezing and expansion, thus causing damage. They will test the bilge pump to be sure it is fully operational.
- Apply grease to all of the grease fittings.
- Drain the engine block of water and prepare it so it will not freeze and crack.
Most boats are equipped with a cover; however, they do not bode well against snowfall or resist the buildup of mold beneath it. Consider adding a shrink wrap covering from Inland Boat Company.
- Storage areas will be securely left open to avoid help avoid mold growth.
- The wrap is seven millimeters thick to reduce the risk of ripping.
- Built-in vents help with airflow and prevent water intrusion.
Preserving a boat through the freezing temperatures is critical. Don’t be the person who is ready to drop the craft in the water the next spring only to find out costly damage has been incurred because of poor maintenance. With two locations, Inland Boat Company has you covered. Boat winterization is worth the expense.